Wednesday, September 17, 2008

the air i B R E A T H

I have been waiting for this film just as long as the X-files film. Oh my roy it was far worth the wait. This film has not been relished into the cinema in the UK or anywhere else other then USA where it didn’t last long. This beyond baffled me. The Air I Breath, based on an ancient Chinese proverb that breaks life down into four emotional cornerstones: happiness, pleasure, sorrow and love. Now it has a GodFarther like to it that its based around gangsters and stuff.

It stars Sarah Michelle Gellar, which isn’t well alright it is the reason I wanted to see this film but after watching the trailer I as hooked. Also stars Kevin Bacon, Brendan Fraser, Andy Garcia and Forest Whitaker. All of these are big Hollywood names. That alone should have made it a cinema release. Yet it wasn’t. Which completely perplexed me.

I will admit I was trying to put together what went where in the storyline as it is like Pulp Fiction in the sense of its going back and forth. Yet it still had be cribbing shouting noooooo. At the end it all comes together and you can see how these four people have changed each others lives with out some of them never even meeting.

You never learn any of the four peoples names however SMG’s character who is a pop star uses a fake name that people call her. I would have loved for it to have been longer and for more action and what not but what I got kept me more then happy. It had sad points in the film where you really did feel for the characters, it had a few funnys and it had action.

It got mixed reviews people saying it wasn’t anything good yet most of the people who reviwed the film all gave Sarah Michelle Gellar thumbs up for her work. She should have gotten an award as the film should have. I remember reading that on the Internet Data Base it was ranking high in the top films, but the Godfarther fans didn’t like that and omg they are far worse then trakkies. They voted down the film because of its godfarther likeness just because it was about gangsters yet it was far more then that. Pleasure had the gift to see the future, however his gift fails him fro the first time and he begins to take a different turn in life. Sorrow is a pop star with it all however she is owned by the ruthless crime boss. Happiness lives the same endless live over and over never taking a chance until he takes it. And Love is a man who loves his best friends wife and needs to save her life.

This film is now and proudly on my top 10 list. It is worth a watch and deserves to win some awards. The USA critics didn’t like it took much however out side of the USA the critics loved the film so I am beyond confused to how this film isn’t getting the praise it needs and deserves. Infact i think i read it had won a few awards during film fests and such. So at least it got some notice!!

Here is the trailer, it had me hooked.

No comments:

Blog Archive;;