Wednesday, September 17, 2008

dont go to E D E N L A K E

I ventured to the cinema with Jenny with a y tonight, it was the last time I would see her before I move of to uni. We went to see EDEN LAKE.
It was tottaly nothing to what I thought it was going to be. I am way glad that it wasn’t. Boy that film is one of the best ever British Horror films ever made. And I will admit I was just talking about how Britain was lacking in horror films and taste. I take it all back now.

It is based around a couple Jenny and Steve who go to the lake before it has a new home estate built on it. He wants to ask her to marry him. When they get their they get harassed by guess, chavs. After by accident one of the yobs pet dog is killed as it tried to attack Steve it all goes wrong. The chavs start out a hunt for the two wanting them dead. Well the main yob wants them dead. The other just go along with it, they could have stopped at any point but they never did. They where weak they fell into peer pressure. I for one am happy they got what was coming to them well most of them.
Im going to be giving mad spoilers right now so beware.

The yobs hunt down the two who as they try to get away in the car crash she has to leave him stuck to get help, he told her to go and it’s a good job she did. The yobs took Steve tied him up with wires and stabbed him and cut him torturing him. The friends of the main chav they all look like they don’t want to go through with it yet they all do as he told them. They cut him and stab him. Then they feel bad about it well poo hoo them.

Soon they hunt for the girl who finds Steve who managed to get away she hides him as he is dyeing and bleeding a lot and she goes to get help before he dies.
She comes across a little boy they had met on there way to the lake before all of that. He says he can help her only he turns on her setting her up.

She gets knocked out to find she is tied to a tree with her lover and the yobs set fire to them, Steve was already dead when the ropes tying her burnt giving her seconds to get up and away. She manages to get away but they tell her they will set fire to the young boy who set her up she must not have thought they would but they did. They burned him alive.

The other yobs begin to feel worse for this. The only female one of the yobs films everything they do. Yet they never stop the main chav.
May I also add Jenny was Ginger! Which made me fall for her even more. Not only was she female but ginger. Whedon would be proud.
She decides if she is going to live she has to fight. She stabs the youngest of the yobs then realizing she wished she had never done it she tries to help him but he dies.

This gets the chavs more angry they tried to chase her again when she falls into the road and a car comes she gets into find its one of the chavs brothers he was looking for his brother when he gets out she steals his car when driving she runs over the teen girl. Yay.

When she gets out of the woods and lake she crashes near a house when she gets there she find it’s the rents of the chavs, when the main yob gets back he tells them about the girl and what not she tries to get out but she cant so the parents decide its her fault and don’t believe her and well it leaves it at that they killed her. That for me was heart breaking. I really fell for the character, she was female, ginger and a nursery teacher. I wanted to just cry. She didn’t deserve to die, I didn’t want her too. She is the only character in a horror film for me to go I hope they didn’t kill her and she is in the next one. I know right what’s happening to me.

The film just high lights what chavs and parents to chavs are like sure maybe not as much as that but look at all the knife crime around these days and this film was in the makes like 3 years ago so its not publicising on that which some people have bitched about. This film made me hate chavs even more. It just highlights the youth today and it makes me sick. I for one know what they are like I’m lucky nothing mega bad has happened to me and believe me it could have a lot of times.

This film should make chavs see that what they do is wrong yet I know it wont. It just makes me so sick and angry. I didn’t feel sorry for anyone of the chavs that died. I know they shouldn’t have and that they should have been locked up but I found I was happy when they got killed. Am I wrong for thinking this?

The law needs to be more firm, the police need to be out in the streets splitting up these groups and the parents need to put their foots down! Chav are sick and disgusting and I for one despise them. Sure they are not all the same and some are not as bad as most but the ones that are need to get the crap kicked out of them make them see sense. Anything!! Sickos!! As you can tell this film has left me really angry with chavs, I know its not real but in a sense it is real its happening now! Its sick.
And omg why did the ginger women Jenny die!! Gahhh

I think if they did another one it would see the friends of Jen and Steve looking for them and the parents of the yobs covering up the murders and then they turn on the friends of the couple trying to stop them from uncovering the truth! I hope it happens I want to see them get killed or arrested!

So yeah I really loved the movie, it was sad saying bye to Jenny sure I knew I would see her again but still im moving away its not the same as knowing she’s just down the road. It made me sad. So yes ill miss her lots.

No comments:

Blog Archive;;